Building and Structures
Building design and inspection were among the core services with which Howard Humphreys was founded upon. From site planning to design and inspection, our engineers have practiced building engineering for decades. We also provide structural design services for clients expanding or upgrading their buildings. We use state-of-the-art technology to determine load criteria and carrying capacity, as well as confirm the constructability of the structural design plans.
The Building and Industrial Engineering Projects are coordinated from the Howard Humphreys' Building & Structures Service Line at the Head Office in Nairobi and in Dar salaam . The service line also provides Structural Engineering support to the Roads & Transportation and Water & Sanitation Service Lines in the design of water, sanitation and roads related structures. This approach enables the company to maintain its quality control standards.
Our Building & Structures Service Line uses the latest engineering and ICT technology and resources to offer clients economies of design that cannot be achieved by most other consultants in the region. The service line has fully computerized production of drawings and developed proprietary software for production of bar bending schedules, which allows reduction of project lead times and facilitates fast tract construction. Engineering production is managed through computerized processes that monitor delivery periods to meet client requirements. Quality management systems are used to track and manage project deliverables.
Building and Structures Projects
Some of the most recent projects which have been completed or are currently being executed are as follows:
• BRITAM 30-Storey Tower at Upperhill, Nairobi
• CBK Annexe Parking and Conferences Building, Town Centre, Nairobi
• Two Rivers Development Phase 1, along Limuru Road, Nairobi
• Samchi Telecoms Biashara Street Hotel development, Nairobi
• Garden City Development Thika Road
• Terminal 4 and Parking Garage Facilities at JKIA, Nairobi
• Kisumu Airport Terminal Building, Kisumu
• Fidelity Shields Building, Westlands Nairobi
• Daykio Office Block Development, Ngong Road, Nairobi
• Mombasa-Nairobi 400KV/215KV Transmission Line supervision
• Muthangari Drive Development Office Block, Westlands, Nairobi
• Rwanda Embassy at Gigiri, Nairobi
• Mae Ridge Housing Development at Runda, Nairobi
• Emmanuel Christian Training Centre, Goli, Sudan
• Education Development Centre, Sudan
• Primary Education in Poor Urban Areas, Nairobi, Kenya
• Major CAPEX Projects for EABL
• Mbagathi Study Centre Expansion Project – Strathmore University
• ESAMI Headquarters, Kampala, Uganda
• UNON Projects - Relocation of Commissary and New Material Handling Facility
• Unimix Food Processing Plant Athi River EPZ
• Olkaria II Geothermal Plant
• The Junction Shopping Mall for Junction Ltd
• UAP Headquarters office building in Nairobi.
• Nairobi Baptist Church – Ngong Road
• Howard Humphreys House